FULBRIGHT-CREATIVE IRELAND PROFESSIONAL FELLOWSHIP
- Professional fellowship
- Ireland to U.S.
- 3-12 months
- For Irish/E.U. citizens
The 2022-2023 Irish Awards applications will open on Monday August 30th and close on Friday October 29th, 4pm.
Professionals with at least seven years’ experience working in the creative, cultural or heritage sector are invited to apply for the 2021-2022 Fulbright-Creative Ireland Professional Fellowship.
Candidates can select their preferred U.S. host institution and must have the capacity to spend a minimum of three months and maximum of six months in the USA. Preference will be given to those who do not already have extensive experience in the U.S.
- Must have seven years’ professional experience in the creative, cultural or heritage sector (no PhD required)
- Must have the capacity to spend at least 3 months in the U.S.
- Must be an Irish Citizen, or E.U. citizen living in the Republic of Ireland for the past 3+ years
- Must not be a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, or currently living in the U.S., or already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
- Must possess leadership qualities and potential
- Must demonstrate rationale for undertaking project in the U.S.
- Must have a clear understanding of what it means to be a Fulbrighter
HOW TO APPLY?
- Award is funded by Creative Ireland and the Fulbright Commission.
- Monetary grant, plus accident and emergency insurance, cultural and professional programming, and J-1 visa administration.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
- Candidates should reach out to their U.S. host institution of choice and secure a letter of affiliation
- Preference will be given to candidates who do not have extensive experience in the U.S.
- All successful applicants must comply with the two-year home rule, which means that awardees will not be eligible for U.S. residency or a visa until the two-year home rule in Ireland is complete.