FULBRIGHT-TEAGASC SCHOLAR and PROFESSIONAL AWARD
- Agriculture, food, forestry, environment
- Scholars and Professionals (with 5 years relevant experience)
- Ireland to U.S.
- 3-12 Months
- For Irish/E.U. Citizen (5+ years living in Ireland)
The Fulbright Commission and Teagasc are offering this NEW opportunity for Scholars and Professionals to travel to the U.S. to research or lecture in the fields of agriculture, food, forestry and environment.
For all grants, the Fulbright Commission is seeking excellent applicants with strong leadership potential and a commitment to the ethos of being a Fulbrighter.
- Must be an Irish Citizen, or an E.U. citizen who has lived in the Republic of Ireland for 5+ years
- Must have a PhD or 5 years relevant work experience
- Must have a clear plan of research or lecturing
- Must have strong experience in the agriculture, food, forestry or environment sector
- Must possess leadership qualities and potential
- Should have a clear understanding of what it means to be a Fulbrighter
- Must not be a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, currently living in the U.S., or already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY?
Monetary grant, plus accident and emergency insurance, cultural and professional programming, and J-1 visa administration.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
All successful applicants must comply with the two-year home rule, which means that awardees will not be eligible for U.S. residency or a visa until the two-year home rule in Ireland is complete. Preference will be given to visiting researchers.