FULBRIGHT-HRB HEALTHIMPACT AWARD
- Ireland to U.S.
- 3-6 months
- For Irish/E.U. Citizen
The 2023-2024 Fulbright Irish Awards will open for application on 31 August 2022.
The Fulbright Commission and the Health Research Board are offering a unique opportunity for an Irish Professional with 5 years or more experience to travel to the U.S. to undertake research or professional development in any area of Health.
For all grants, the Fulbright Commission is seeking excellent applicants with strong leadership potential and a commitment to the ethos of being a Fulbrighter. Applications from health professionals, senior health research administrators, health research managers and researchers in the following fields would be particularly welcomed by HRB & Fulbright:
- Research management in a healthcare setting
- Development & implementation of institutional health research strategies
- Public and patient involvement in health research
- Health services and health systems research
- Implementation research
- Health research policy
- Must be an Irish Citizen, or an E.U. citizen who has lived in the Republic of Ireland for 5+ years
- Must be holders of an honours bachelor degree or master’s degree from a recognised College with five years relevant professional experience
- Must secure acceptance or affiliation with a recognised U.S. institution
- Open to all healthcare disciplines as described in the award
- Leadership qualities and potential are essential
- Must have a clear understanding of what it means to be a Fulbrighter
- Must not be a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, or currently living in the U.S., or already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY?
Register your interest
Once the awards are open, we can then send you a link to the online application system and the Irish application guidelines.
- Monetary grant to support flights and subsistence, plus accident and emergency insurance, cultural and professional programming, and J-1 visa administration
- Minimum 3 months or 1 academic semester, maximum 6 months (awardees may remain for duration of a program, but grant is for up to 6 months)
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
All successful applicants must comply with the two-year home rule, which means that awardees will not be eligible for U.S. residency or a work visa until the two-year home rule in Ireland is complete.
*Clinical medical research involving patient contact: The U.S. Department of State has designated the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) as the sole agency authorized to sponsor alien physicians for internship, residency and specialized clinical training in the United States. Fulbright grantees cannot simultaneously be sponsored by ECFMG; therefore, proposals for medical research involving clinical training, patient care or patient contact cannot be approved under the Fulbright Program.