The Fulbright Commission has recently appointed Fulbright Ireland Ambassadors at 3rd level institutions around Ireland. The aim is to have a Fulbright contact on campus so that students, researchers & lecturers can access guidance on how to approach their Fulbright applications.
The 2017-2018 Fulbright Irish Award Application Period opens on 31st August 2016. If you are considering applying, we encourage you to contact the Fulbright Ireland Ambassador at your college.
All Ambassadors are Fulbright Alumni and have experience of what is involved in undertaking the application process and of studying / working in the US. They will endeavour to meet with potential applicants (by appointment) and organise information sessions on campus when possible.
*Please note that Fulbright Commission Awards Managers remain the primary point of contact for application advice and all potential applicants must contact the Commission directly at firstname.lastname@example.org for application guidelines once the application period opens.
Listed below are current Fulbright Ireland Ambassadors and the institutions where they are based:
- Athlone Institute of Technology: Luke Geever
- Cork Institute of Technology: Noel Barry
- Dublin City University: Karen Devine
- Dublin Institute of Technology: Paul Donnelly
- Galway Mayo Institute of Technology: Ian McLoughlin
- Limerick Institute of Technology: Daragh Naughton
- Marino Institute of Education Seán Delaney
- Mary Immaculate College Ailbhe Kenny
- Maynooth University Sinéad Murnane
- National University of Ireland Galway Mary Mc Partlan
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland Cathal Kearney
- Trinity College Dublin David Monaghan
- University College Cork Mary C. Murphy
- University College Dublin Amanda Kelly
- University of Limerick Finbarr Murphy
- Ulster University Ailbhe Greeney
- Waterford Institute of Technology Felicity Kelliher
If your institution is not listed above but you would like to nominate yourself or a colleague as a Fulbright Ireland Ambassador (must be a Fulbright Alum based on campus), please contact email@example.com