Job Vacancy: Student Awards Administrator for a twenty four month contract period from July 2016
Student Awards Administrator
24 month contract.
The Fulbright Commission (www.fulbright.ie) is seeking to appoint a Student Awards Administrator for a twenty four month contract period from July 2016.
Fulbright Students Awards Administrator May 2016.PDF
The Fulbright Commission in Ireland is a bilateral partnership supported by the U.S. Department of State and the Irish Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs, as well as the Department of Arts, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht. Its funding is derived from Irish and U.S. governments, higher education institutions, public agencies, organizations, and donations.
The Fulbright Commission in Ireland annually awards grants for Irish citizens to study, research, or teach in the U.S. and for Americans to do the same in Ireland. The primary grant program that the Commission manages is Fulbright Program, whose purpose is to increase mutual respect and understanding between people of the United States and people of other countries through educational and cultural exchange.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the successful candidate must:
- Have a postgraduate qualification in a relevant field and/or a minimum of three years experience in a relevant role
- Have excellent communication, administration, and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent IT skills with strong Microsoft Office skills
- Demonstrate initiative and self-direction
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative environment, collaborating in a small team, and effectively responding to tasks and requests
- Empathise with Fulbright’s purpose
- Be legally eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland.
- Have some proficiency in Irish language
The following is desirable:
- Experience of both the Irish and U.S. higher education systems
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are indicative, but not exhaustive. They may change over time to reflect the Commission’s changing context, priorities, and activities.
- Administration of the Fulbright Student Awards for applicants looking to go to the U.S.
- Administration of the Fulbright Student Awards for all applicants looking to come to Ireland from the U.S.
- Administration of the Summer Institute for Social Entrepreneurship Award
- FLTA and Outreach Awards
- Summer Gaeltacht Awards
- Liaison with relevant U.S. and Irish agencies
- Identification and development of program opportunities
- Development and delivery of orientation and cultural programs / events for awardees
- Collaboration on the promotion and advertising of Fulbright Awards / Program.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Board Meetings / Events:
- Provision of administrative support for Fulbright Commission Board meetings and events (e.g. minutes, Board papers, catering arrangements).
- Assisting with file and diary management, office administration, telephone reception, and post.
Remuneration and Benefits
Contract Tenure: A twenty four month contract with effect from July 1st, 2016 is being offered. A three month probation period will apply.
Salary: €35,200 annual gross.
Annual Leave: 22 days per annum
Interested applicants should submit by email by 12 noon on June 3rd, 2016:
- A cover letter outlining motivation for applying and relevant experience
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- The names / contact details of two referees.
Applications and requests for further information should be addressed to:
- Dr Dara FitzGerald
- Executive Director
- Fulbright Commission
- Brooklawn House
- Crampton Avenue
- Shelbourne Road
- Dublin 4
- T: +353 (0) 1 660 7670
- E: email@example.com