Monday, February 3rd, 2014: Gaeltacht Summer Awards Open for Applications
Grants Available For U.S.based Irish Language Learners to Study in Ireland
Funding Available for Gaeltacht Summer Program on Irish Language
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Deadline for Applications: Friday, March 14th, 2014
1. What are the Gaeltacht Summer Awards?
It is an opportunity for Irish Language Learners in the U.S. to spend two to six weeks studying Irish in the Gaeltachtaί.
The grants are sponsored by the Department of Arts, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht, the National Lottery of Ireland, and the Ireland-United States Commission for Education Exchange
2. What does this grant offer?
The grants are available to learners and teachers of the Irish language living in the U.S. to study Irish language in the Gaeltacht.
Grant includes tuition / fees, room (based on sharing) and board. Successful applicants must pay their own travel and living costs.
Please note that this is not a Fulbright Award, but a grant from the Ireland-United States Commission for Education Exchange.
3. Who can apply?
Applicants must be:
- Currently living / working in the U.S.
- Enrolled in Irish language courses in the U.S. and, or have completed at least one year or Irish language instruction or have been teaching the Irish language in the U.S. for more than one year.
- Be able to participate in the program in its entirety (two to six weeks in the Gaeltacht).
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Are currently enrolled on a for-credit course in a recognized U.S. higher education institution as part of their undergraduate or postgraduate studies.
- Have not participated on a Gaeltacht / Irish Language course in Ireland before.
4. How to apply?
If you meet the above criteria, please email email@example.com to indicate your interest in applying. In your email please state:
- Your full name
- Home institution / Address
We will then send you the application and references form.
A complete application consists of 1) application form, 2) transcript (currently enrolled students) or CV (at large candidates / teachers), and 3) reference submitted directly to the Commission by the referee.