EducationUSA, the U.S. Department of State-supported network of hundreds of education advising centers for students from around the world who are hoping to study in the US, is hosting an online college fair.
On Tuesday, November 13th, 2012, the International Virtual College Fair will be active on the College Week Live website. Students with an interest in going to college in the US will have the opportunity to interact with more than 150 accredited colleges and universities. You can view the full list of participating colleges and universities here.
The complete schedule for the event is as follows:
- First Segment: 12:00 a.m.-5:00 a.m. EST (5:00-10:00 GMT-UTC). Students can visit institutions’ online booths to explore information about U.S. colleges and universities.
- Second Segment: Live Portion 5:00am-7:00pm EST (10:00-24:00 GMT-UTC). College and university representatives and, in some cases, current students, will video chat or text chat live with international students. Students can continue to visit information booths.
- EducationUSA will present seven live, thematic video chats (webinars) from 7:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. EST (12:00 noon-19:00 GMT-UTC), as follows:
- “Discover U.S. Higher Education” (7:00 a.m.-8:00 a.m. EST/12:00-13:00 GMT-UTC)
- “International Students Share Their Experiences: An International Student Panel” (8:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m. EST/13:00-14:00 GMT-UTC)
- “Graduate Admissions and Funding” (9:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m. EST/14:00-15:00 GMT-UTC)
- “Undergraduate Admissions and Funding” (10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. EST/15:00-16:00 GMT-UTC)
- “Understanding Community Colleges” (11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. EST/16:00-17:00 GMT-UTC)
- “The U.S. Student Visa Process” (12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. EST/17:00-18:00 GMT-UTC)
- “Choosing a U.S. Institution” (1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. EST/18:00-19:00 GMT-UTC)
- Third Segment: 7:00 p.m.-11:59 p.m. EST (24:00-4:59 GMT-UTC). Students can visit institutions’ booths, view recorded video chats and recorded thematic sessions, and continue to access online booths.