Part-Time Executive Assistant
6 month contract.
The Fulbright Commission (www.fulbright.ie) is seeking to appoint a part-time (2.5 days per week) Executive Assistant for a six month contract period from July 2016.
The Fulbright Commission in Ireland is a bilateral partnership supported by the U.S. Department of State and the Irish Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs, as well as the Department of Arts, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht. Its funding is derived from Irish and U.S. governments, higher education institutions, public agencies, organizations, and donations.
The Fulbright Commission in Ireland annually awards grants for Irish citizens to study, research, or teach in the U.S. and for Americans to do the same in Ireland. The primary grant program that the Commission manages is Fulbright Program, whose purpose is to increase mutual respect and understanding between people of the United States and people of other countries through educational and cultural exchange.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the successful candidate must:
- Have a minimum of three years experience in a relevant role
- Have excellent communication, administration, and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent IT skills with strong Microsoft Office skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative environment, collaborating in a small team, and effectively responding to tasks and requests
- Empathise with Fulbright’s purpose
- Be legally eligible to work in the Republic of Ireland.
The following are desirable:
- Knowledge of both the Irish and U.S. higher education systems
- Irish language.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are indicative, but not exhaustive. They may change over time to reflect the Commission’s changing context, priorities, and activities.
- Assist with administrative duties of the Executive Director
- Provide administrative support for existing sponsored awards
- Provide administrative support for establishment of new award programs
- Administer CRM system
- Provide administrative support for orientation and cultural programs / events for awardees
- Provide support for awards and communications programs at peak activity times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Board Meetings / Events:
- Provision of administrative support for Fulbright Commission Board meetings and events (e.g. minutes, Board papers, catering arrangements).
- Assisting with file and diary management, office administration, telephone reception, and post.
Remuneration and Benefits
Contract Tenure: A six month contract with effect from July 1st, 2016 is being offered initially. A one month probation period will apply.
Salary: €15,000 gross (pro-rated for the contract tenure and part-time nature).
Leave: 11 days (pro-rated for the contract tenure)
Interested applicants should submit by email by 12 noon on June 3rd, 2016:
- A short cover letter outlining motivation for applying and relevant experience
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- The names / contact details of two referees.
Applications and requests for further information should be addressed to:
- Dr Dara FitzGerald
- Executive Director
- Fulbright Commission
- Brooklawn House
- Crampton Avenue
- Shelbourne Road
- Dublin 4
- T: +353 (0) 1 660 7670
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org