The Fulbright Commission of Ireland will host the first-ever TEDxFulbright event in Ireland on Saturday, April 5th, 2014 in the Smock Alley Theatre. The theme for this event will be “Creativity and Innovation.” The event will feature exceptional live presentations and performances from friends and alumni of the Irish Fulbright community.
We are now seeking volunteers to help support and deliver this TEDx event. Currently, the following volunteer positions are being sought:
- Design (print and digital)
- Technical support (to assist those hired to deliver sound and video)
- Stage Design
- Irish translations (to translate and transcribe all videos after the event)
- Communications and Social Media (support for overarching communications plan)
- General administration & participant experience (ticketing, front desk, collateral, catering, etc.)
To apply for a volunteer position, please send the following information to email@example.com by February 14th 2014:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Your Location
- Fulbrighter – Yes or No
- Which area you’d like to volunteer in and why (maximum 150 words)
- Relevant skills
- Anything else you think we should know
TED has never paid volunteers, but has always committed to creating an experience that is tremendously fulfilling for all engaged parties. For our TEDx event, we uphold the same goals. Volunteers for our TEDx will not be paid but will be given access to the event and catered lunch and snacks. In addition, we are working hard to provide travel support for all volunteers if funds allow. Further information will follow in later correspondence.
If you wish to nominate a potential volunteer other than yourself please contact Joanne for further information. Please note that due to the nature of the event, preference will be given to applicants with a Fulbright affiliation.