FULBRIGHT-MAURER SCHOOL OF LAW LL.M. AWARD
- Ireland to U.S.
- LL.M. program
- For Irish/E.U. Citizen
The 2022-2023 Irish Awards applications will open on Monday August 30th and close on Friday October 29th, 4pm.
The Fulbright Commission and Indiana University Maurer School of Law are offering this unique opportunity for an Irish student to travel to the U.S. to study for a general or specialized LL.M. at one of the leading universities in the U.S.
The Indiana Law program allows recipients to specialize in one of six areas of expertise or to design their own LL.M. curriculum. Specializations include: Business and Commercial Law, Financial Regulation and Capital Markets, International and Comparative Law and Globalization, Intellectual Property Law (patent and non-patent tracks), Information Privacy and Cybersecurity Law, and American Law (optional bar exam track). Students study side by side with American students, take part in unique opportunities to work with real clients in legal settings, and enjoy all the advantages one of America’s most renowned universities and university towns have to offer.
For all grants, the Fulbright Commission is seeking excellent applicants with strong leadership potential and a commitment to the ethos of being a Fulbrighter.
- An Irish or E.U. citizen who has lived in the Republic of Ireland for three or more years
- Prospective postgraduate student with a minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree in law and a clear course of study
- Leadership qualities and potential, as well as a clear understanding of what it means to be a Fulbrighter
- Is not a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, or currently living in the U.S.
- Does not already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you meet the criteria, please email email@example.com stating: Your full name, area of study, and where you intend to research or study (IU Maurer School of Law). Awards generally open on August 31st.
We will then issue you the link to the online application system (known as Slate) and the guidelines. You must also apply to, and be accepted at, the Maurer School of Law.
- A full-tuition scholarship grant from Indiana University for its LL.M. program (approximately $45,000). You must be able to complete the entire length of the L.LM. program.
- A monetary grant from the Fulbright Commission, plus accident and emergency insurance, cultural and professional programming, and J-1 visa administration from the Fulbright Program.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
All successful applicants must comply with the two-year home rule, which means that awardees will not be eligible for U.S. residency or a visa until the two-year home rule in Ireland is complete.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the remaining tuition and fees.