FULBRIGHT-CREATIVE IRELAND MUSEUM
FULBRIGHT-CREATIVE IRELAND MUSEUM FELLOWSHIP: EXPLORATORIUM
- Museum fellowships for students or scholars
- Ireland to U.S.
- 3 Months
- For Irish/E.U. Citizens
The 2022-2023 Irish Awards applications are open now and close on Friday October 29th, 4pm.
PhD students or post-doctoral scholars are invited to apply for the Fulbright-Creative Ireland Museum Fellowship to complete short-term research at the Exploratorium, San Francisco. The mission of this internationally renowned museum is to create a culture of learning through innovative environments, programs and tools that help people nurture their curiosity about the world.
Proposed research projects must demonstrate a commitment to innovation & creativity, and include substantive community engagement. Research on informal education & learning, archival research, studying teacher training, experiments in online or digital media, or other independent research that utilizes the resources of the Exploratorium, are also welcome.
- Must be an Irish Citizen, or E.U. citizen living in the Republic of Ireland for the past 3+ year
- Must hold an undergraduate degree in a relevant field
- This award is open to current PhD students post-doctoral scholars
- Must possess leadership qualities and potential
- Must have a clear understanding of what it means to be a Fulbrighter
- Must not be a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, or currently living in the U.S., or already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY?
Monetary grant, plus accident and emergency insurance, cultural and professional programming, and J-1 visa administration.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
Prospective fellows should review the Exploratorium’s activities online to identify potential content themes and areas of current research.
After contacting the Fulbright Commission, prospective fellows should contact Deirdre Araujo (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Exploratorium, who will serve as their immediate advisor and facilitate introductions to relevant staff members. In order to be considered for this award, applicants must include a letter of support from the Exploratorium in their Fulbright application.
All successful applicants must comply with the two-year home rule, which means that awardees will not be eligible for U.S. residency or a visa until the two-year home rule in Ireland is complete.