FULBRIGHT-ENTERPRISE IRELAND AWARD
- Student or scholar
- Ireland to U.S.
- 3-12 months
- For Irish/E.U. citizens
The Fulbright Commission and Enterprise Ireland are offering a unique opportunity for an Irish postgraduate student or scholar to travel to the U.S. to study or research in all fields that will develop new technologies and processes and ultimately may lead to job creation and increased exports.
For all grants, the Fulbright Commission is seeking excellent applicants with strong leadership potential and a commitment to the ethos of being a Fulbrighter.
- Must be an Irish citizen, or E.U. citizen living in Ireland for the last 3+ years
- Must be a current or prospective postgraduate student with a minimum 2.1 or a current post-doctorate with a recent PhD conferral (within the past 3 years)
- Must have a clear course of study
- Leadership qualities and/or potential essential
- Must have a clear understanding of what it means to be a Fulbrighter
- Must not be a dual U.S.-Irish citizen, green card holder, or currently living in the U.S. or already have extensive experience of studying or living in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you meet the above criteria, you can then register your interest to be notified when the awards are open, typically awards open on August 31st.
Once the awards are open, we can then send you a link to the online application system and the Irish application guidelines.
Monetary grant, plus accident and emergency insurance, cultural and professional programming, and J-1 visa administration.
Student applicants can do a full PhD or Masters in the U.S. or portion of an ongoing Irish postgraduate degree, but will need to seek funding for subsequent years
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
All successful applicants must comply with the two-year home rule, which means that awardees will not be eligible for U.S. residency or a visa until the two-year home rule in Ireland is complete.
Preference will be given to visiting researchers.