What is it?
The Fulbright Commission in Ireland seeks submissions from currently enrolled / recently graduated students of Multimedia / Design to develop and deliver a fresh and engaging short (1-2 minute) video that will promote the Fulbright Irish Awards. The Application deadline for proposals has been extended to Monday 6th March 2017.
- Video production costs to a maximum of €6000
- Trip to New York for one week to a value of €2500
- Organised visit to MoMA, New York, to shadow the MoMA Design Studio team
- Organised visit to The New School, New York, to take part in classroom visits, tour of facilities, meetings with students and faculty
- The winning campaign will be showcased on the Fulbright website and social media channel
The Fulbright Engage Video Competition is open to applicants who meet the following requirements:
- Irish citizen, or E.U. citizen living in the Republic of Ireland for the past 3+ years
- Currently enrolled on, or recently graduated from (since 2016), an undergraduate or postgraduate course in Multimedia / Design / or other relevant field
- Based in Ireland during video development period of March-July 2017
- Be able to travel from Ireland to New York for 1 week during April-May 2017 OR Sept-Nov 2017
In addition, applicants must have a strong CV / Portfolio, and demonstrate ability to complete projects.
How to Apply?
If you meet the criteria, firstly email email@example.com to indicate your interest stating:
- Your full name
- Area of study
- Current academic institution
- The relevant course you are currently undertaking
- Expected graduation date
You should then compile your Proposal ahead of the 6th March deadline. Please use this APPLICATION PACK as a guide, it is important that you read this pack carefully to understand the aims of the campaign.
Your Proposal must include:
- Completed Application Form
- Plan for design, development & production of video
- Timeline for pre-production, production, and post-production
- Storyboard and treatment spec
- Detailed budget and breakdown of production costs (include licensing for music, etc.)
- A sample of a previously completed video project – include reel & project description
- CV & Portfolio
- 2 reference letters (relevant academic or professional)
Completed proposals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline. If files are too large to send by email, please upload to Dropbox and include the links in your email. It is your responsibility to ensure that all required files have been received by the deadline.
What is the Deadline?
The Application Deadline for proposals has been extended to 5pm, Monday 6 March 2017. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications earlier than the deadline so they can be checked for completeness and any issues rectified before the deadline.
If all required materials are not in by the deadline your application will be disqualified.
If you have any queries contact email@example.com.