Postgraduate Study Funding
While you are completing your application to a postgraduate program, you also need to research and consider financial matters. Tuition and fees rates can vary significantly from university to university, as there are no standard government-set fees. The cost of living can vary drastically by location as well.
If college affordability is a key consideration for your university selections, you may wish to try some of these strategies for choosing universities:
- Consider public universities to minimize the initial tuition and fees rates charged.
- Choose universities at which there is a lower cost of living, such as universities in suburban or rural areas.
- Choose universities at which you will be a top student, as funding is often reserved for the most qualified applicants.
- Apply for a Fulbright Award, which are grants that help fund Irish students to study at the postgraduate level in the U.S.
As with the application, it is important to research your options and check all deadlines. Funding can be very competitive in the U.S. so the earlier you start the better chance you have at being successful in funding your graduate studies.
For more information on funding postgraduate studies please see: https://www.educationusa.info/5_steps_to_study/graduate_step_3_finance_your_studies.php#top.
EducationUSA does not endorse or promote any school over the other. However, we are aware of these Tuition Waiver opportunity specifically aimed at Irish students:
The University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana, USA offers a generous scholarship for Irish students to study at Notre Dame. Through the Naughton Fellowship Program, Irish students are eligible to apply for a fellowship that provides a full tuition waiver along with a $17,000 stipend and a full health insurance subsidy for living expenses.
For information see: esteem.nd.edu/admissions/naughton-fellowship
Fordham Law School offers a generous 40% tuition waiver for one student from Ireland to Fordham’s one-year full-time LL.M. program in New York City.
• Banking, Corporate, and Finance Law
• Corporate Compliance
• Intellectual Property and Information Technology Law
• International Business and Trade Law
• International Dispute Resolution
• International Law and Justice
• U.S. and Comparative Law
For more information on application deadlines and procedures, visit the Fordham LL.M. admissions page: law.fordham.edu/llm/apply