The Application Period for 2017-2018 Irish Awards is now open with a deadline of 28th October 2016.
The Fulbright Irish Citizen Awards provide grants for Irish citizens, and E.U. citizens who have been resident in the Republic of Ireland for three or more years, to research, study, or lecture in the U.S. on an annual basis.
There are five types of Fulbright grants available to Irish citizens.
- Fulbright Irish Student Awards to conduct postgraduate research / enrol in postgraduate degree programs in the US
- Fulbright Irish FLTA Awards to teach the Irish language in the US
- Fulbright Irish Scholar Awards for academic or professional research / lecturing in the US
- Fulbright Irish TechImpact Awards to conduct academic or professional research in the US
- Fulbright Irish Schuman Awards for graduate & postgraduate study, research & lecturing
Watch our Webinar on the 2017-2018 Fulbright Irish Awards.
Fulbright Ireland Ambassadors have been appointed at Higher Level Institutions and can offer on-campus advice to applicants. Find out if there is an Ambassador at your college!
The Fulbright Commission also provides non-Fulbright grants for Irish citizens to travel to the U.S.
- Summer Institutes for European Student Leaders for undergraduate students